The child prodigy poem.

Imagine being a child prodigy who is not understood by people around you. You long for friendship and a normal life. Wrote a poem describing your life.

Me against the world.

They cast disbelieving look upon me
When I managed to come up with the answer
‘How could that be?’
They could not decipher.

They used to be my friends,
We played along, tagged along,
We beat the hell out of each other,
We did things, we just couldn’t bother
We danced, we sang songs,
Nothing seemed wrong.

Why can’t they understand?
That I am in bad hands
The hands of those who were full of envy
The looks of those all too weary
Weary over me
For reasons I could not fathom
For being alienated, feeling far away from home,
When I am here, for you to see,
To ridicule, to mock, to the satisfaction of thee

Ow....
What about me?
What is to become of me?
Which part of me is different,
Which made me look so irreverent?
To which at every moment,
I would end up in disappointment,
That I often ask myself,
Am I an alien?

Look at me, and tell what you see,
Do you see me having four hands
And eyes all over me?,
To poke and protrude the life of yours,
To make you hate me with full force,
Is being intelligent makes me different,
Is being like this only rewards me with frustration?

I long for things to be as they used to be,
I wish for them to be who they used to be,
To be my friends, everywhere and every when,
I want a life all too normal
No twist, no turn, and definitely no swirl,
Not wishing for the mother of all pearl,
But for a life I could see myself fitting in,
For things to do without feeling sinned,
For friends to stick by me,
Through thick and thin.

0 comments: